At the Cannabis Clinic, we are passionate about providing medicinal cannabis to New Zealanders in need. We are equally passionate about helping other medical professionals do the same. We hope you find these resources helpful to support your clinical use of medicinal cannabis.
Doctors, you can now refer your patients to the Cannabis Clinic and we will work with you to manage their treatment. We’re pleased to support doctors to help their patients access quality legal medicinal cannabis products.Refer my patient now
What is The Evidence For CBD Oil And Medicinal Cannabis?
There is much published evidence supporting the use of medicinal cannabis for particular indications, but conclusive research is lacking. A recent 2017 report from the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine concluded the following (1,2):
There is conclusiveor substantial evidence that cannabis or cannabinoids are effective:
- for the treatment of chronic pain in adults
- as anti-emetics in the treatment of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting
- for improving patient-reported multiple sclerosis spasticity symptoms
There is moderate evidence that cannabis or cannabinoids are effective for:
- improving short-term sleep outcomes in individuals with sleep disturbance associated with obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome, fibromyalgia, chronic pain, and multiple sclerosis
There is limited evidence that cannabis or cannabinoids are effective for:
- increasing appetite and decreasing weight loss associated with HIV/AIDS
- improving clinician-measured multiple sclerosis spasticity symptoms
- improving symptoms of Tourette syndrome
- improving anxiety symptoms in individuals with social anxiety disorders
- improving symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder
Please contact us if you require advice about using medicinal cannabis for your patient(s).